Breastfeeding; Pros and Cons
· Every time he feeds he is bonding with me
· He is getting all of my anti-bodies and his body is learning to fight bugs and germs
· It’s all natural
· It’s free
· It’s always available
· It comes out at just the right temperature
· Fewer illnesses when he is older
· Less chance of developing eczema (I have always suffered with it, so hopefully he won’t!
· Lowers my risk of getting some cancers.
· I am 2 stone lighter (Nearly 2.5 thanks to Slimming world) than I was when I got pregnant, as breastfeeding naturally uses up to 500 extra calories per day!
· You are the person who feeds him, so night feeds can be hard and tiring
· Your boobs leak, you can rarely take your bra off.
· Your boobs hurt when filling up (Not unbareable though!)
· I don’t enjoy feeding in public.
· It doesn’t stop trapped wind!!! Trapped wind and colic are, apparently 2 different things.
· He eats what you eat!
· You can’t drink, and if you do, you have to express it and dump it (Seems like a waste, I have had 1 drink in 10 months!)